Monday, February 22, 2010

Countdown

Well, it is less than 24 hours until we leave for Mayo. Do I have high hopes? You bet! Maybe they will be able to help me at least cut down on the meds.

Anyway, the lesson I want to talk about today is soup. Soup is good and it is good for you. I made myself a solemn promise in October that I was going to make one homemade soup every week until it warmed up outside. So far so good. Last night I made Cheeseburger Soup, pretty good. Not as good as the Taco Soup I made a while back. I like making two batches of soup at one time, one to eat, and one to freeze for later. There is just something about cutting up the ingredients and the smell... Just reminds you of growing up and having mom in the kitchen stirring something good. Today a young lady from the foster care system came by the house to inspect and tell me about the program, the first thing she said was, "oh, it smells good in here, what are you cooking?" I wasn't cooking anything it was from last nights soup. Impressed, I think she was. Anyway, we passed the home inspection, first step of many. So during those times when you are missing home, your parents, fighting with your siblings, think of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment