Friday, March 5, 2010

Labor Pains

I am off to Colorado, Casey is ready to have that baby and I am going to be a granny nanny. 
I was thinking about how lucky Casey and John are to having a new baby. I am not sure they realize it yet, but they will. At this point they are more concerned with how are they going to fit another baby into their tiny apartment, how will they pay for the extra expenses, and how will affect the other two kids. What they haven't realized yet is that often the last baby is the one you enjoy the most. You already have experience and kind of know what to expect once you get that baby home. You also already know that for the first year you are not going to get much sleep. What you don't know and can't expect is that you are going to get another set of arms to hug you when you need a lift, another set of little lips to give you big slurpy kisses, and another someone to love you unconditionally.
As hard as I tried I could not remember what being in labor was like. Marc seems to remember it just fine. He says I yelled and screamed at everyone in the room. He also tells me that I appreciated ice chips that he spoon fed me. Obviously I was there, present in the room, and I am fairly certain that there was a lot of pain. But why don't I remember that? Maybe that is God's plan, that you won't remember, so women will continue to have babies. That is what I am wishing for Casey, that she will forget the pain quickly and enjoy that new baby and everything that she/he will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment